Sunday, December 27, 2009

Making Jeremiah Wright look understated

Conservatives really go to amazing lengths looking for 'reverse racism'. Quite a lot of them - including friends of mine, and I think they're totally sincere - go looking for tea leaves to read every time a nonwhite person is arrested, hunting for ways they're being treated too well. This is especially true if terrorism is also involved, so this week's excitement was that reporters didn't immediately publish hearsay versions of the name of the suspect in the attempted plane-bombing.

"(X) finds it very telling that "reporters" initially discouraged sources from giving the name of the suspect. I guess that type of information is only considered a "scoop" when it's an amish farmer or american male gun enthusiast. nothing to see here, move along..."


I know my brain doesn't work quite the same way as theirs, but I can't for the life of me figure out what the notion is here. Phase 1: delay releasing a suspect's name for a couple of hours in a highly sensitive situation. Phase 3: profit!

No comments:

Post a Comment